The Physical Therapist's role is to plan, implement and evaluate patient care programs designed to increase, maintain or restore function, minimize or prevent disability, and assist patients in reaching their maximum performance levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Exceptional patient care and service.
- Providing interpretation of prescriptions, performing an initial evaluation, and establishing a treatment plan with functional goals.
- During the treatment period, responsible for upgrading the treatment and the goals.
- Periodic and timely written communication to physicians.
- Determining appropriate discharge management and patient follow-up.
- Supervising rehabilitation aides with patient care and administrative staff as needed.
- Supervising of PTA if applicable
- Community Services (such as):
- Hosting a booth at a health related fair.
- Presenting an in-service on orthopedic injuries or prevention.
- Providing coverage to special events such as sport camps, races, tournaments & lectures.
- Performing complimentary screenings to the public with appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Daily paperwork. All PT's are responsible for documenting all treatment in patient charts and completing all written communications in a timely manner, i.e., initial evaluations, progress notes, discharge summaries, daily S.O.A.P. notes, charge slips, functional capacity evaluations and daily totals sheets, and insurance/plan of care forms as necessary. Sign off on PTA daily notes, PN, and D/C notes.
- The Physical Therapist is also responsible for continuing to establish and develop professional relations with our valued referral sources including:
- Physician contacts – inform physicians of our services, locations, quality patient care and philosophy to be the best provider of Rehabilitation, Fitness and Performance services.
- Physician office visits – inform physicians of our services, locations, quality patient care and philosophy to be the best provider of Rehabilitation, Fitness and Performance services.
- Accompanying patients to their physician visits (patient visits).
- Interoffice communication and follow up.
- Education. Staff in-services, community in-services, attendance at continuing education courses, and follow-up summary of all continuing education courses to staff members.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's, Masters or Doctorate Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Program
- Current Professional licensure as a Physical Therapist
- Current CPR Certification
- Energetic and a team player
- 3+ years of outpatient experience
- Management experience a plus, but not necessary
VALiNTRYhealth Unique Characteristics:
VALiNTRYhealth is a servant-leadership managed, healthcare organization, with collective experience placing over 10,000 clinical professionals in more than 40 states. We manage our business with a servant-leadership philosophy by ensuring that everything we do in our organization first supports and enriches our patients, clinicians and clients; which ultimately enhances the lives of every individual we serve and work with every day. This philosophy not only transcends the best patient care advocates but helps VALiNTRYhealth accomplish the highest standards of teamwork, commitment and excellence in service.
- VALiNTRYhealth is a Values-based company; we live by our values – Trust & Integrity, People Service, Teamwork, Innovation, Accountability and Transparency.
- VALiNTRYhealth only uses a Single Point of Contact so that you are not pushed from person to person and get lost in a sea of people!
- VALiNTRYhealth is a National company.
- VALiNTRYhealth has 100% online easy, hiring process – can be completed in less than 60 minutes.
- VALiNTRYhealth provides comprehensive benefits.
- Weekly Pay Cycle – Direct Deposit.
- Travel Housing Stipends / Meal Stipends.
- We are AWESOME to work with and make ourselves available to you on your schedule!