RN CRITICAL CARE FLOAT POOL
Full-time Nights (rotating weekends)
This position assesses patients (on the unit to which the RN is assigned) for educational, physiological, psychosocial, comfort and safety needs. Plans and coordinates care. Performs treatments, procedures, and administers medication within state Registered Nurse practice guidelines. Follows up with other associates and other departments, as necessary.
The Primary purpose of the Float Pool is to fill in for sick calls and times of high census or to cover for LOA’s. Required to float to all nursing units where competencies have been completed.
Registered nurses, physicians from many specialties and many other healthcare professionals collaborate to form a diagnosis, treatment and discharge plan for each individual patient.
- Responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care of all assigned patients, infant through life span in the Med/Surg and Critical Care units.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Promotes and maintains patient safety standards.
- Documents all patient care using Meditech.
- Four years of nursing experience required with at least two years of experience on Med/Surg and/or two years of experience on ICU/PCU/ED
- Outstanding customer service abilities and effective listening skills
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing with a current GA RN license
- BLS Certification required within 90 days of hire or promotion
- ACLS Certification required within 6 months of hire or promotion
- PALS Certification required within 6 months of hire or promotion