Director of Patient Safety – Fort Walton Beach, FL
Full-time – Days (NO WEEKENDS)
The Patient Safety Director is responsible for directing and managing the facilities Risk Management Program, with the goal of protecting the institution from fortuitous loss. The Patient Safety Director advises and consults with Senior Leadership and the Board on potential sources of loss, develops strategies to prevent loss, and makes decisions regarding appropriate loss prevention approaches.
The Patient Safety Director oversees the facility’s risk management and patient safety activities, which includes, but may not be limited to leading clinical risk reduction initiatives, a general knowledge of facility insurance programs, managing claims against the facility, interfacing with defense counsel, administering the risk management program on a day-to-day basis, managing and analyzing risk management data, conducting risk management educational programs, complying with risk management related standards (e.g. the Joint Commission and other accrediting and regulatory agencies) with the objective of enhancing and promoting patient safety, and quality care.
Frequent contact is made with members of the senior leadership team, board of directors, medical staff leadership and a variety of outside professionals. Position requires the ability to articulately communicate a wide variety of legal, medical, and business subjects as they relate to enterprise risk management. Promote and provide courteous and effective communication with internal and external customers.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Clinical background required.
- 3-5 years healthcare experience in patient safety, risk, and/or quality required.
- Healthcare experience must be recent and within a clinical setting such as Hospital, Ambulatory Surgery Center, etc.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Proven administrative ability for the direction, control and planning activities of a hospital-based department.
- Capable of analyzing and preparing complex records and reports.
- Ability to remain calm, to think and act quickly and logically in a crisis situation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Requires team player, positive, can-do winning attitude.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare related field required.
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Certification in Patient Safety (CPPS) required – (must obtain within 12 months of hire)
- TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer required – (must obtain with 12 months of hire)
- Florida RN licensure required
- Florida license as Health Care Risk Manager required
- Certification as a Professional Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) preferred
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]