Full-time Nights (7p-7a) and Mid Shift (11a-11p, 1p-1a, 3p-3a), Rotating weekends
The Emergency Department Registered Nurse (RN) performs direct patient care using the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation of all assigned patients, infancy through life span. Emergency Room Nurses are responsible for working as a team with other emergency response personnel in all disciplines of emergency care to deliver high quality care in a fast-paced setting. Responsible for triaging patients, responding timely and making accurate decisions in order to provide stabilizing care to individuals in a crisis. Must be able to respond to emergency situations while assuring open communication with patients and their families, as well as other emergency medical professionals to provide and ensure proper and accurate medical therapeutic intervention. Responsible for meeting the established policies/standards of practice for this facility. Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patients – plans and carries out individualized patient care. Daily use of analytical and decision-making skills. Participates in Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous Quality Improvement. Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and all other customers. Promotes a supportive, teamwork oriented environment. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of hospital. The Monitor Tech observes Behavioral Health patients via a camera monitor to ensure the safety of the patient, staff and identifies changes in behavior. The Sitter has direct observation of the patient (either in the patient room or in the doorway based upon physician ordered levels) to ensure the safety of the patient, staff and identifies changes in behavior.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a current GA RN license.
- Basic Healthcare Provider (BLS) Certification required within 90 days of hire or promotion.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification required within 6 months of hire or promotion.
- Previous ED/Critical Care experience required
- Completion of the Behavioral Health competency checklist.
- This staff will also complete CPI training within 6 months of assign responsibilities.