Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current license as a registered nurse (Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required).
2. Demonstrates the ability to perform the technical skills and critical thinking outlined in the performance standards.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theories and practice.
4. Certification of those procedures required.
5. Completion of skills checklist within 90 days of employment.
6. Good interpersonal skills and a diplomatic demeanor.
7. Demonstrates leadership and teaching skills.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Physical ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, push, pull, lift up to 50 pounds, stoop, reach, crouch, finger, grasp, feel.
2. Must be able to perform CPR.
3. Must have the ability to express ideas by means of the spoken word to others accurately, loudly or quickly.
4. Must be able to perceive the nature of sounds with no less than a 40 db loss @ Hz, 1,000 Hz and 2,000 Hz with or without correction.
5. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound.
6. Visual acuity to analyze data and figures, including items seen on computer terminals and written pages.
7. Reading required.
8. Takes into consideration age related factors when:
• Delivering direct patient care through the nursing process;
• Guiding and coordinating patient family health teaching.
9. Participates in committees as necessary.
- State of Georgia RN License
- BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required
- ACLS required
- PALS required
- TNCC within one year
- ENPC preferred
- CEN and/or CPEN preferred
- Arrhythmia recognition course within 6 months (if not documented in previous experience)
Shift: Full Time Days/ Rotating Weekends