RN – Home Health Job Description
Under supervision of a physician, the RN will monitor and provide quality, professional, one on one in-home health care and case management to patients in compliance with nursing standards, federal, state and local government regulations and Agency clinical standards of care.
- 13-week home health contract need
- M-F – 8A-5P
- Covers Kershaw and Fairfield counties but primarily Kershaw
- 1 year minimum of recent home health experience required
- HomeCare/HomeBase documentation or Oasis experience preferred
- 40 hours per week guaranteed
- Mileage paid at .48/cents from first to last patient's home
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the development, coordination and delivery of home health services with the physician and clinical management team; provide appropriate preventative, rehabilitative, and palliative nursing procedures according to the Plan of Care to achieve optimal patient health and quality of life; analyze information; consider underlying medical conditions; integrate information into an overall picture of the patient’s health and determine whether any changes should be made to the Plan of Care.
- Implement plan of home health care to include checking patients’ vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, weight, etc.) and recording data in their health records; preparing, administering, and recording medications per physician orders and Agency protocols; documenting therapeutic effects of medicines and observing patients for reactions to medications or treatments; administering vaccinations, IV push medications and other injections; providing wound care and dressing; assessing progress of healing; collecting samples and monitoring catheters, etc.
- Provide in-home assistance and training to patients with ADLs which includes medication management, dietary management, personal hygiene and other skills necessary for independent living; ensure their safety and comfort needs are met.
- Record observations completely, accurately, legibly and concisely; obtain pertinent information from patients and family members as part of ongoing data collection (i.e., discharge needs, ADL status, progress of patients’ problems, etc.); provide accurate and timely medical documentation consistent with Plan of Care to include writing OASIS assessments as appropriate.
- Prepare clinical and progress notes, submitting all required paperwork daily.
- Inform the physician, Patient Care Coordinator and other interdisciplinary team members of the current patient condition, outcomes, response to treatment and any changes which may indicate a change in patient condition or the need to revise the Plan of Care.
- Coordinate with other service providers like social workers and physicians to ensure the patient receives the necessary medical services.
- Communicate and interact with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous and respectful manner.
- Assess and provide patient and family caregivers with education and information pertinent to the diagnosis and Plan of Care; identify learning needs of patients and family caregivers.
- Educate patients on healthy lifestyle habits; encourage patients to stop unhealthy habits; assist patients in learning self-care activities.
- Initiate emergency protocols in response to patient situations.
- Maintain competence level, professional and technical knowledge by participating in educational workshops and in-service programs, reviewing professional publications, etc.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services as required.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Minimum 2+ years of nursing experience, preferably in-home health care.
- Knowledge of nursing theory and practice including the administering of medicines, home health care and government regulations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to provide culturally competent care with a strong focus on patient service, follow physician orders, and properly document medical information.
- Excellent observation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; effective clinical problem-solving skills; compassionate, patient, and possess an ability to motivate patients.
- Familiar with computers and handheld devices; experience with electronic records a plus.
- Must adhere to HIPAA guidelines and maintain confidentiality regarding patient and Agency proprietary information.
- Be in good physical and emotional condition with an ability to properly care for patients.
- Ability to pass an extensive background check including drug testing.
- Ability to accept assignments immediately!
- Must be able and willing to drive/use own vehicle.
- Graduate of an accredited practical nursing program.
- Current and unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse in state of practice.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (with AED); current CPR card – hands on required.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
VALiNTRYhealth Unique Characteristics:
VALiNTRYhealth is a servant-leadership managed, healthcare organization, with collective experience placing over 10,000 clinical professionals in more than 40 states. We manage our business with a servant-leadership philosophy by ensuring that everything we do in our organization first supports and enriches our patients, clinicians and clients; which ultimately enhances the lives of every individual we serve and work with every day. This philosophy not only transcends the best patient care advocates but helps VALiNTRYhealth accomplish the highest standards of teamwork, commitment and excellence in service.
- VALiNTRYhealth is a Values-based company; we live by our values – Trust & Integrity, People Service, Teamwork, Innovation, Accountability and Transparency.
- VALiNTRYhealth only uses a Single Point of Contact so that you are not pushed from person to person and get lost in a sea of people!
- VALiNTRYhealth is a National company.
- VALiNTRYhealth has 100% online easy, hiring process – can be completed in less than 60 minutes.
- VALiNTRYhealth provides comprehensive benefits.
- Weekly Pay Cycle – Direct Deposit.
- Travel Housing Stipends / Meal Stipends.
- We are AWESOME to work with and make ourselves available to you on your schedule!