Home Health Physical Therapist Job Description
- Provides therapy treatments to patients in their place of residence.
• 13-week home health contract need
• Home Health experience required
• HomeCare/HomeBase documentation or Oasis experience preferred
• 40 hours per week guaranteed
• Mileage paid at .48/cents from first to last patient's home
Essential Skill/Knowledge Functions
- Responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of the plan of care within goals defined by the physician, patient/patient family and interdisciplinary team.
- Meets agency productivity standards and utilizes time and resources effectively.
- Maintains clinical record to meet Federal, State and agency regulations and guidelines.
- Informs the physician, RN Care Manager, Patient Care Coordinator and other interdisciplinary team members of the current patient condition, outcomes, response to treatment and any changes which may indicate a change in patient condition or need to revise the plan of treatment.
- Demonstrates ongoing evaluation of effectiveness of therapy treatments/interventions.
- Prepares clinical documentation including assessments, visit and progress notes, and coordinates services as directed by the RN Care Manager and/or Patient Care Coordinator. Submits all documentation within timelines determined by the agency.
- Assesses the health status of assigned patients according to the agency policies and procedures and job standards
- Revises the care plan as indicated.
- Regularly reevaluates the patient's level of function and skilled therapy needs.
- Treats the patient to relieve pain, develop or restore function and obtain maximum outcomes according to the established plan of care.
- Provides therapy services according to the plan of care that has been developed and ordered by the physician.
- Instructs the patient/patient caregiver(s) on home care techniques, safety, etc. as indicated.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Patient Care Coordinator.
- Supervises LPTA staff members as directed by the Patient Care Coordinator.
- Participates in the agency Performance Improvement Program.
- Maintains competence level to meet agency and JCAHO standards governing personnel training and qualifications and patient care by participating in the agency in-service and education program.
- Actively participates in interdisciplinary team conferencing.
- Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Advises and consults the family and other interdisciplinary team members to promote the optimal functional outcomes.
- Instructs the patient/patient caregiver(s) on the total physical therapy program.
Essential Administrative Functions
- Honor patients/residents' rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Comply with corporate compliance program.
- Report job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational hazards including exposure to blood and body fluids and others as necessary.
- Follow established safety regulations, to include fire protection & prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment.
- Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor.
- Minimum of 2 years therapy experience is required.
- Previous home health care experience is preferred.
- Current state license as a Physical Therapist.
- Valid driver's license and automobile liability insurance.
- Current CPR certification.
VALiNTRY Health Unique Characteristics:
VALiNTRY Health is a servant-leadership managed, healthcare organization, with collective experience placing over 10,000 clinical professionals in more than 40 states. We manage our business with a servant-leadership philosophy by ensuring that everything we do in our organization first supports and enriches our patients, clinicians and clients; which ultimately enhances the lives of every individual we serve and work with every day. This philosophy not only transcends the best patient care advocates but helps VALiNTRY Health accomplish the highest standards of teamwork, commitment and excellence in service.
- VALiNTRY Health is a Values-based company; we live by our values – Trust & Integrity, People Service, Teamwork, Innovation, Accountability and Transparency.
- VALiNTRY Health only uses a Single Point of Contact so that you are not pushed from person to person and get lost in a sea of people!
- VALiNTRY Health is a National company.
- VALiNTRY Health has 100% online easy, hiring process – can be completed in less than 60 minutes.
- VALiNTRY Health provides comprehensive benefits.
- Weekly Pay Cycle – Direct Deposit.
- Travel Housing Stipends / Meal Stipends.
- We are AWESOME to work with and make ourselves available to you on your schedule!