ICU Nurse – RN – Salt Lake City
**Sign-on and Relocation available**
Full-time – 2 openings – Mixed shifts available
The ICU/CCU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- 2+ years of previous RN critical care experience required.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
- ASN – Required – From an accredited school of professional nursing
- BSN – Preferred – From an accredited school of professional nursing
- Current RN license required
- BLS – through American Heart Association required
- ACLS – through American Heart Association required
- A minimum of 2+ years of critical care RN experience is required.
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]