Manager – Labor & Delivery and Ante Partum
The Manager of Labor & Delivery and Ante Partum is responsible for the activities, supervision, management and direction of the Labor & Delivery and Ante Partum Department in accordance with organizational and departmental philosophy and goals. This position will assist the Director in maintaining the highest degree of clinical and operational performance of the Department. The manager is responsible for leadership of Labor & Delivery and Ante Partum personnel and/or students and functions as a resource for physicians, nursing staff and patients.
Responsible for the delivery of professional nursing care and provides leadership to staff. Requires basic understanding and ability to utilize the nursing process, develop and enforce guidelines of medical plan of care and departmental policies. Assess patients in order to plan, intervene and evaluate care.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- B.A./B.S. required
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse with the Board of Registered Nurses of the State of California
- PALS Certification
- BLS Certification
- 3 years' work experience in area of supervision required
- 1-3 years of progressive hospital/nursing management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Evidence of experience which defines competency in Pediatrics, hospital and healthcare management. Evidence of experience in successful administration and leadership of organizational management programs.
- Ability to manage department employee and labor relations / Human Resource related issues.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple assignments/ projects and respond to numerous requests.
- Ability to ensure operational efficiency, problem solve and make decisions, and exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple customers.
- Requires basic understanding of and ability to utilize the nursing process; Requires knowledge, ability and judgment necessary to: Exercise judgment within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice act.
- Create or assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization and nursing standards.
- Current Microsoft, computer and other relevant software skills.
- Ability to resolve conflicts among staff and work collaboratively with department director, physicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- Ability to sustain direction under minimal direction, in assessing needs, directing staff and carrying out departmental and professional responsibilities; self-starting and self-motivating; working hours may exceed eight (8) hours per day and is based on what is needed to accomplish work at hand.
- Oversee the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Promote effective communication within the multi-professional team and Understand management and delegation principles.
VALiNTRYhealth Unique Characteristics:
VALiNTRYhealth is a servant-leadership managed, healthcare organization, with collective experience placing over 10,000 clinical professionals in more than 40 states. We manage our business with a servant-leadership philosophy by ensuring that everything we do in our organization first supports and enriches our patients, clinicians and clients; which ultimately enhances the lives of every individual we serve and work with every day. This philosophy not only transcends the best patient care advocates but helps VALiNTRYhealth accomplish the highest standards of teamwork, commitment and excellence in service.
- VALiNTRYhealth is a Values-based company; we live by our values – Trust & Integrity, People Service, Teamwork, Innovation, Accountability and Transparency.
- VALiNTRYhealth only uses a Single Point of Contact so that you are not pushed from person to person and get lost in a sea of people!
- VALiNTRYhealth has 100% online easy, hiring process – can be completed in less than 60 minutes.
- VALiNTRYhealth is a National company.
- We are AWESOME to work with and make ourselves available to you on your schedule!
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
**Should this position not suit your current needs, please feel free to visit our website for additional opportunities = VALiNTRYhealth.com