MED TECH – Bradenton, FL
Full-Time – Mixed shift Evenings to Nights
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
- Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist.
- Florida State Licensure as a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST in all Laboratory areas is required.
- Associates' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping.
- Associate's Degree/College Diploma
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]