MOTHER BABY UNIT MANAGER – RN
- Provides leadership direction to staff, patients and all members of the healthcare team.
- Establishes goals and priorities for team and directs the efforts of staff toward accomplishment of objectives.
- Recognizes and acts on growth opportunities to advance the hospital’s mission and vision.
- Resolves problems quickly and in a manner that preserves the integrity of those involved.
- Inspires staff to move in a direction that supports the strategic plan, promotes evidence-based practice and supports teamwork and respect for diverse interests, needs and values.
- Participates in marketing and/or community service activities that enhance the image of Shawnee Mission Health.
- Places patient safety at the center of all leadership decisions made.
- Accepts accountability for problem-solving issues and work with members of the healthcare team to resolve concerns.
- Develops, implements and evaluates policies, standards of practice and programs that support the department.
- Analyzes and monitors compliance with accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Recognizes the importance of professional contributions through national specialty certification, formal education advancement and professional organization membership.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to analyze problems and develop solutions that align with the organization’s mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrates expertise in planning resources to respond to financial goals of the organization.
- Creates and manages operating and capital budgets to provide for departmental needs.
- Initiates activities to enhance revenues and support cost reduction and containment.
- Proactively monitors key performance indicators and make appropriate adjustments to processes.
- Leverages the strengths and skills of others in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Utilizes work time effectively and adhere to established deadlines.
- Establishes forms of communication to keep staff apprised of activities and practice changes.
- Attends all organizational meetings, in-services and mandatory training in order to remain aware of all activities and changes and provide information to my staff.
- Provides suggestions, insights and performance feedback in a manner that is constructive and actionable.
What will you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- Master’s degree Preferred
- Up to 2 yearsof Position-Related Experience Preferred
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association Preferred
M-F; 40 hours per week
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]