NICE NURSE MANAGER
You will be responsible for:
Provides leadership direction to staff, patients and all members of the healthcare team.
• Establishes goals and priorities for team and directs the efforts of staff toward accomplishment of objectives.
• Recognizes and acts on growth opportunities to advance the hospitals mission and vision.
• Resolves problems quickly and in a manner that preserves the integrity of those involved.
• Inspires staff to move in a direction that supports the strategic plan, promotes evidence-based practice and supports teamwork and respect for diverse interests, needs and values.
• Participates in marketing and/or community service activities that enhance the image of Shawnee Mission Health.
• Places patient safety at the center of all leadership decisions made.
• Accepts accountability for problem-solving issues and work with members of the healthcare team to resolve concerns.
• Develops, implements and evaluates policies, standards of practice and programs that support the department.
• Analyzes and monitors compliance with accrediting and regulatory agencies. • Recognizes the importance of professional contributions through national specialty certification, formal education advancement and professional organization membership.
• Utilizes critical thinking skills to analyze problems and develop solutions that align with the organizations mission, vision and values.
• Demonstrates expertise in planning resources to respond to financial goals of the organization.
• Creates and manages operating and capital budgets to provide for departmental needs.
• Initiates activities to enhance revenues and support cost reduction and containment.
• Proactively monitors key performance indicators and make appropriate adjustments to processes.
• Leverages the strengths and skills of others in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
• Utilizes work time effectively and adhere to established deadlines.
• Establishes forms of communication to keep staff apprised of activities and practice changes.
• Attends all organizational meetings, in-services and mandatory training in order to remain aware of all activities and changes and provide information to my staff.
• Provides suggestions, insights and performance feedback in a manner that is constructive and actionable.
What will you need?
• Bachelors Degree from an accredited school of nursing
• Kansas Registered Nurse License
• Masters degree Preferred
• Up to 1 year of Position-Related Experience Preferred
• BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association Preferred
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]