Outpatient Physical Therapist
Mission Statement and Core Values
Our sole purpose is to provide exceptional, progressive, and cost-effective fitness, performance, and rehabilitative services through personalized care that emphasizes education and prevention of future injury. This is accomplished through building on our core values of patient/client satisfaction, accountability, teamwork, and continuous improvement which are the foundation for our unique culture.
The Physical Therapist's role is to plan, implement, and evaluate patient care programs designed to increase, maintain or restore function, minimize or prevent disability, and assist patients in reaching their maximum performance levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional patient care and service.
- Provide interpretation of prescriptions; perform an initial evaluation; and establish a treatment plan with functional goals.
- During the treatment period, responsible for upgrading the treatment and the goals.
- Periodic and timely written communication to physicians.
- Determine appropriate discharge management and patient follow-up.
- Supervise rehabilitation aides with patient care and administrative staff as needed.
- Supervise PTA if applicable.
- Provide Community Services (such as):
- Hosting a booth at a health related fair.
- Presenting an in-service on orthopedic injuries or prevention.
- Providing coverage to special events such as sport camps, races, tournaments & lectures.
- Performing complimentary screenings to the public with appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Daily paperwork. All PT's are responsible for documenting all treatment in patient charts and completing all written communications in a timely manner, i.e., initial evaluations, progress notes, discharge summaries, daily S.O.A.P. notes, charge slips, functional capacity evaluations and daily totals sheets, and insurance/plan of care forms as necessary. Sign off on PTA daily notes, PN, and D/C notes.
- The Physical Therapist is also responsible for continuing to establish and develop professional relations with our valued referral sources including:
- Physician contacts – inform physicians of our services, locations, quality patient care and philosophy to be the best provider of Rehabilitation, Fitness and Performance services.
- Physician office visits – inform physicians of our services, locations, quality patient care, and philosophy to be the best provider of Rehabilitation, Fitness, and Performance services.
- Accompanying patients to their physician visits (patient visits).
- Interoffice communication and follow up.
- Education. Staff in-services, community in-services, attendance at continuing education courses, and follow-up summary of all continuing education courses to staff members.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's, Masters or Doctorate Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Program
- Current Professional licensure as a Physical Therapist
- Current CPR Certification
- Energetic and a team player
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion toward patients
- Service oriented
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- Possess the ability to fulfill any office activities normally expected in an office setting, to include, but not limited to: remaining seated for periods of time to perform computer based work, participating in filing activity, lifting and carrying office supplies (paper reams, mail, etc.)
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel, and reach with hand and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding)
VALiNTRYhealth Unique Characteristics:
VALiNTRYhealth is a servant-leadership managed, healthcare organization, with collective experience placing over 10,000 clinical professionals in more than 40 states. We manage our business with a servant-leadership philosophy by ensuring that everything we do in our organization first supports and enriches our patients, clinicians, and clients which ultimately enhances the lives of every individual we serve and work with every day. This philosophy not only transcends the best patient care advocates but helps VALiNTRYhealth accomplish the highest standards of teamwork, commitment, and excellence in service.
- VALiNTRYhealth is a Values-based company; we live by our values – Trust & Integrity, People Service, Teamwork, Innovation, Accountability, and Transparency.
- VALiNTRYhealth only uses a Single Point of Contact so that you are not pushed from person to person and get lost in a sea of people!
- VALiNTRYhealth is a National company.
- VALiNTRYhealth has a 100% online easy, hiring process which can be completed in less than 60 minutes.
- VALiNTRYhealth provides comprehensive benefits.
- Weekly Pay Cycle – Direct Deposit.
- Travel Housing Stipends / Meal Stipends.
- We are AWESOME to work with and make ourselves available to you on your schedule!