The Progressive Care Unit is a 16 bed unit that provides intermediate level inpatient care to adult and geriatric patients. All beds have telemetry capabilities and patients are monitored unless otherwise ordered by the MD. Mechanisms are in place to monitor patients in transport and during procedures in ancillary departments. PCU is designed for patients who do not require the level of monitoring provided in the critical care units, but require a higher level of monitoring than provided on the medical-surgical units.
To administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients within the Department. To advise the Department Director regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections, quality improvement processes. To anticipate and estimate future needs of the Department to improve quality of patient care. Collaborate and coordinate the efforts of the staff of the Department to accomplish the mission of the hospital.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- State of Georgia RN License required
- BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider
- ACLS – required within 30 days of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- 1-3 Years Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Knowledge of universal precautions
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
- Basic arrhythmia test recognition – have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 88% passing score
Shift: Days & Nights / Rotating Weekends