Job Description: Telemetry Nursing – RN
Nurses care for people who are sick, injured, convalescent or disabled. Under general supervision, they deliver care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation, in accordance with established philosophy. Nurses collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Nurses effectively interact with patient and significant others, while maintaining the standard of professional nursing. The nature of the direction and supervision required for this position varies by State and job setting. Telemetry Nurses provide care by connecting patients to machines that measure heart rate, blood pressure, breathing rate, as well as blood-oxygen levels and electrocardiogram information. These machines then send data to computer screens for nurses to monitor. Telemetry Nurses read and interpret the data to better determine patient care.
Telemetry Nurses provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles. In addition to general nursing care, responsibilities of Telemetry Nurses include (but are not limited to):
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, and interprets and records electronic displays
- Identifies irregular telemetry readings and notifies appropriate medical team members
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology
- Provides basic, bedside care
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs, diet/nutrition/exercise programs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation
- Records patients' medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
The ideal nurse for the Med Tele unit will have a minimum two years of experience working on an inpatient Telemetry department. Well qualified RN's will have experience hanging and titrating cardiac drips and will be proficient with reading and interpreting EKGs. All candidates for this department must have a positive attitude and demonstrate a commitment to working in a professional and caring environment. He/she will be an effective team player and must be committed to delivering the highest quality of patient care.
RN Telemetry Minimum Requirements:
- Current Florida Registered Nurse Licensure
- 2 or more years of current experience in Telemetry nursing
- Current BLS and ACLS certification issued by the American Heart Association
- Current Physical
- Current PPD/TB
- Current Flu Vaccination
Start Dates Available: 10/29, 11/5, 11/26, 12/3, 1/17, 1/21
Length of Assignment(s): 13 weeks or 26 weeks
Shift(s): 7p – 7a, 7a – 7p
VALiNTRY Health Unique Characteristics:
VALiNTRY Health is a servant-leadership managed, healthcare organization, with collective experience placing over 10,000 clinical professionals in more than 40 states. We manage our business with a servant-leadership philosophy by ensuring that everything we do in our organization first supports and enriches our patients, clinicians, and clients; which ultimately enhances the lives of every individual we serve and work with every day. This philosophy not only transcends the best patient care advocates but helps VALiNTRY Health accomplish the highest standards of teamwork, commitment, and excellence in service.
- VALiNTRY Health is a Values-based company; we live by our values – Trust & Integrity, People Service, Teamwork, Innovation, Accountability and Transparency.
- VALiNTRY Health only uses a Single Point of Contact so that you are not pushed from person to person and get lost in a sea of people!
- VALiNTRY Health has 100% online easy, hiring process – can be completed in less than 60 minutes.
- VALiNTRY Health is a National company.
- VALiNTRY Health provides comprehensive benefits.
- Weekly Pay Cycle – Direct Deposit.
- Travel Housing Stipends / Meal Stipends.
- We are AWESOME to work with and make ourselves available to you on your schedule!