Ultrasound Technologist – Walterboro, SC
The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer with Radiological Tech abilities is responsible for the independent operation of sonographic equipment, and for performing and communicating results of diagnostic examinations using sonography.
The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer with Radiological Tech abilities is responsible for daily operations of the sonographic laboratory, patient schedule, equipment maintenance, the report of equipment failures, and quality assessment (QA). The sonographer maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times and is self-motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease, and new procedures as they evolve.
- Performs & is responsible for Radiological Technology, Ultrasound & Non-Invasive procedures under the direction of a Radiologist and in accordance with the rules and regulations of the ACR & ARDMS.
- Completes all ultrasound logs, worksheets, Meditech and PACS.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety, mental and physical comfort of patients while they are in the sonographer's care.
- Explains and educates the patient about the procedures to assure understanding and cooperation.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment, work area, and maintains adequate supplies.
- Performs quality control testing according to regulations.
- Presents images and preliminary findings to the radiologist or attending physician
- Assists Radiologist during invasive procedures.
- Practice and adheres to the "Code of Conduct” philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement”
- Some clerical & transporting duties are included.
- Assist in covering call and holidays
- Ultrasound techs are responsible for maintaining their credentials and obtaining the required CEU's for certification.
- Participates in the maintenance of laboratory accreditation.
- Other duties may include but are not limited to clerical, transportation, ordering supplies, inventory, cleaning, and any other duties deemed necessary by the management team.
- Graduate of school of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and Radiological Technology with a minimum of an Associate's Degree.
- RVT Certification along with ARRT Certification, American Heart Association BLS certification
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient / internal and external customer.
- Experience preferred in Diagnostic Ultrasound and Radiological Technology to include clinical hours from a school of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and Radiology Technology.
- Must have the ability to effectively read, write and speak fluent English. Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Computer skills needed. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
Degree of Supervision Required:
- Involves general guidance and direction by Supervisors and/or Department Manager.
- The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies, procedures and Radiologist protocols.
VALiNTRYhealth Unique Characteristics:
VALiNTRYhealth is a servant-leadership managed, healthcare organization, with collective experience placing over 10,000 clinical professionals in more than 40 states. We manage our business with a servant-leadership philosophy by ensuring that everything we do in our organization first supports and enriches our patients, clinicians and clients; which ultimately enhances the lives of every individual we serve and work with every day. This philosophy not only transcends the best patient care advocates but helps VALiNTRYhealth accomplish the highest standards of teamwork, commitment and excellence in service.
- VALiNTRYhealth is a Values-based company; we live by our values – Trust & Integrity, People Service, Teamwork, Innovation, Accountability and Transparency.
- VALiNTRYhealth only uses a Single Point of Contact so that you are not pushed from person to person and get lost in a sea of people!
- VALiNTRYhealth is a National company.
- We are AWESOME to work with and make ourselves available to you on your schedule!